Protect Your Pet With HomeAgain
A microchip may be the most important gift you ever give your pet.
Microchipping provides the peace of mind that you've given your pet the permanent, lifetime ID he needs for the best chance to come home. Microchips do not require surgery - a simple, one time insertion with a syringe is all it takes.
Microchips are available at Met Vet:
- When your pet is microchipped with a HomeAgain microchip at Met Vet, the first year of your annual membership is included! (see benefits of annual membership below) An exam is not required to microchip, but please schedule an appointment so that we may set aside time for your pet.
- We enroll your pets at the time of microchipping by registering the microchip ID code along with your contact information in the HomeAgain national pet recovery database.
- Go online to www.HomeAgain.com and complete your pet's profile, upload a photo, enter medical information, and add an alternative contact. Make sure to keep your address up to date if you move or change telephone numbers.
- After the first year of membership expires, your pet remains in HomeAgain's database for life. Although, we recommend renewing the annual membership to continue to receive the additional member services listed below. Annual memberships are $17.99, as of 7/19/12.
Annual HomeAgain Membership Benefits Include:
- 24/7 On-call Support with Lost Pet Specialists
- Lost Pet Recovery Network National Pet Recovery Database
- Lost Pet Medical Insurance that provides up to $3,000 worth of coverage* should dogs and cats become sick or injured while lost
- Travel Assistance for Lost Pets that covers the cost of flying a lost dog or cat home, up to $500, when found more than 500 miles away (less a $50 deductible)
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Hotline that provides access to a licensed ASPCA veterinarian when pets are sick or injured while traveling or when your clinic is closed
Visit the HomeAgain website for more info, or give us a call today!