Our practice is looking to expand and is in need of additional team members. We are currently looking for a Full Time Receptionist. We look forward to meeting you!
All applicants must apply in person. Bring in your resume and we will provide you with an application to get to know you better.
Full Time Receptionist
**Veterinary Reception Experience Required**
We are a newer urban-centered, community-minded small animal veterinary hospital in Downtown Tacoma. Our team works together to provide superior care for our patients and clients. We are currently seeking an experienced receptionist.
Our ideal candidate is poised, gracious, compassionate and maintains a sense of humor and a zen-like sense of calm during occasional moments of frenzy. Ability to handle a variety of personalities is paramount, as daily scenarios range from silly to sad. Love of animals is a given. Ability to communicate that same devotion and respect to our clients is your gift. Your creativity and commitment to community will be used in spearheading marketing ideas, and you will actively participate in promotional events both on and off site.
Your strengths include:
- Self confidence Exceptional customer service skills including conflict resolution
- Strong, detail-oriented clerical and record keeping skills You multi-task well and can work independently on projects during slow times
- Good computer skills
- Ability to run a small office,
- Previous veterinary experience is absolutely required
Job Requirements/Skills/Physical Demands:
- Prompt, professional multi-line phone answering
- Scheduling appointments to maximize patient flow
- Checking patients in & out for appointments, surgeries & boarding
- Daily and monthly bookkeeping
- Maintaining client correspondence
- Organizing and maintaining the hospital work flow
- Light animal restraint, some lab sample preparation
- Client education
- Business promotional activities
- Hours include some evenings and occasional weekend shifts
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent pet-care benefits
- Health insurance stipend
- Paid-time-off earned for volunteer and community service
- Paid vacation/sick and holidays after 12 months
- Simple IRA retirement plan
- Continuing education reimbursement
Please apply in person with your cover letter and resume.
Smokers need not apply, due to the nature of our practice.
Please also note that experience is required. Although a love of animals and experience with your own animals is appreciated, it is not considered experience.