Please apply in person, as we would like to meet you! Bring in your resume and we will provide you with an application to get to know you better.
Veterinary Technician Full-time or Part-time
We are a newer urban-centered, community-minded small animal veterinary hospital in Downtown Tacoma. Our team works together to provide superior care for our patients and clients.
We are seeking mature, motivated people with good communication skills and an interest in contributing to the community. Creativity and a positive outlook are valued. Only Licensed Veterinary Technicians with work experience will be considered.
Your strengths include:
- Self confidence
- Experience working with people and a sense of caring toward animals
- Good computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly and a willingness to help out wherever needed
- Ability to follow instructions and tasks to completion with accuracy and promptness and minimal supervision
- You enjoy working independently on projects during slow times
- A commitment to maintaining a clean and organized hospital
Job Requirements/Skills/Physical Demands:
- Client education, history taking
- Patient care and treatment
- Basic lab work, radiography, dental prophies
- Assisting with general hospital maintenance and cleaning
- Help maintain inventories of medical supplies and pet foods
- Ability to work on feet all day
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Hours include some evenings and weekend shifts
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent pet-care benefits
- Health insurance stipend
- Paid-time-off earned for volunteer and community service
- Paid vacation/sick and holidays after 12 months
- Simple IRA retirement plan
- Continuing education reimbursement
Please apply in person with your cover letter and resume.
Smokers need not apply, due to the nature of our practice